The Overview to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) covers the basic underlying concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine. This course is the first in a series of 8 online courses. The courses are designed to build incrementally upon each other. To this end, upon completion, the participant is well versed in the theory and application to TCM.
The course includes:
- Yin/Yang Theory in relation to the animal body and assessment of conditions
- Meridian Theory and the meridian system
- The Five-Element Theory
- The internal organ systems, zang-fu organs in relation to the body, and
- How the vital substances function within the body.
Additionally, the Overview to Traditional Chinese Medicine provides an understanding of how the Chinese perceived of the living body. And, the course offers all the tools for conducting an assessment and session work on your animal.
Upon completion of the Overview to Traditional Chinese Medicine course you will be able to:
- Assess your animal using the 4 examinations
- Conduct an opening protocol
- Prepare a basic acupressure point selection and,
- Complete a closing protocol.
Course materials include reading assignments and video instruction.
A Certificate of Completion is available upon completion of course requirements.