Animal Acupressure Practitioner Program
Welcome to Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute; we are glad you are interested in offering animals a balanced, healthy life - the animals will be happy, too!
Whether you are interested in taking care of your own horses, dogs, and cats or you are considering animal acupressure as a career, we look forward to sharing one of the most deceptively gentle, safe, non-invasive, and extremely powerful ancient healing arts that has been used for animals for 1000's of years.
Everyone can participate in any of the Tallgrass courses to learn what they want to learn about animal acupressure. For participants selecting to become certified animal acupressure practitioners we offer a comprehensive 300 Hour, or 144 Continuing Education Hours through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Body work (NCBTMB).
Tallgrass Equine and Small Animal Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Hands-on Acupressure Courses are PDA approved by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
There are a series of 6 days of Hands-On and seven Online Courses available for self-directed study. Please review the following explanation of how a participant can effectively proceed in acquiring Practitioner Training.
Sequence of Courses:
The Tallgrass Training Program is designed for the adult learner. You are welcome to take any course at any time since it is a self-paced program. However, the following is how we believe it would be best to proceed through the courses to receive the maximum learning benefit especially if you are becoming an Acupressure Practitioner.
INTRODUCTORY LEVEL COURSES
- 1. ONLINE: Overview of Traditional Chinese Medicine - Upon completion of this course, you may continue to the hands-on course (#2), or continue with the next online class (3).
- 2. HANDS-0N: Introduction to Animal Acupressure - Equine or Small Animal - Upon completion of this course, you may continue to the next hands-on course (#4), or take the next online courses, (5 & 6).
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COURSES
- 3. ONLINE: Meridian Theory
- 4. HANDS-ON: Meridians & Specific Conditions - Equine or Small Animal
- 5. ONLINE: Introduction to Five Element Theory
- 6. ONLINE: Acupoint Classification
ADVANCED LEVEL COURSES
- 7. ONLINE: Acupoint Energetics & Landmark Anatomy - Equine or Canine
- 8. ONLINE: Equine Pathology or Canine Pathology
- 9. ONLINE: Indicators & Assessment - Equine or Small Animal
Two elective courses (40 Hours) are required to complete the Practitioner Training Program. The electives need not be taken through Tallgrass though we suggest that participants check our list of approved electives listed on this website. Electives can be in essential oils, Reiki, massage, etc. and preferably in working with animals. Participants are requested to submit copies of certificates, letters or other verification of having completed courses in other complementary therapies to fulfill the Elective Requirement of (40 Hours).
If you have any questions regarding the courses contact us and we will be happy to help you develop your practitioner program.
For Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Practitioners who would like to obtain dual training, here are the requirements for your second certificate:
Required Hands on Classes:
- 1. HANDS-ON: Introduction to Animal Acupressure (Half Price)
- 2. HANDS-ON: Meridians & Specific Conditions ($775)
Required Online Classes
- 1. ONLINE: Acupoint Energetics & Landmark Anatomy ($290 - includes manual)
- 2. ONLINE: Pathology Course ($350)
- 3. ONLINE: Indicators & Assessment (Half Price)
- 4. ONLINE: Business Course ($65) Recommended, not required
- 5. ONLINE: Proficiency Verification - Equine or Small Animal ($95) Recommended, not required